Please add any agenda items for Communitas 6 in the comments to this post.
Here is the list of the events for the High School (Division C) and Middle School (Division B) Science Olympiad. The competition dates are not yet set but will probably be some time in February. I am working on determining which competencies go with which events.
Here is a link to a Google Sheet with descriptions of the events, as well as the u.school competencies I anticipate they will meet — Science Olympiad: Events and Competencies
If you would like to go see Of Mice and Men at SLT as a group on Friday, Nov. 4th, let Mrs. Frye know. We could go to dinner first. I will order a block of tickets if enough people would like to go. Tickets are $17, but could be $15 if we have a group of ten or more.
Of Mice and Men is a moving study of the character of two roving farmhands, George Milton and his friend Lennie Small, gigantic in stature, well-meaning, but with limited mental capacity. They share a dream of settling down on their own ranch, a dream that seems all the more tempting for its impossibility. The well-known drama is a powerful slice of depression life that brings us up close and personal to a patchwork of emotions, hopes and fears that compel Steinbeck’s characters onwards, however doomed their journey.
To purchase tickets, call The Landers Theatre Box Office
at (417) 869-1334 or click here to order online.
DIRECTOR: JAMIE BOWER
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: MARNI ERWIN
|CURLEY’S WIFE||Corrine Gilmore|
|CROOKS||Derrick Devon King|
For the complete cast, please click here.
Of Mice and Men is rated PG13
- Adult $17.00 – $28.00
- Senior (62+)/Student/Military $17.00 – $26.00
- Children (ages 12 and under) $12.00 – $17.00
- Groups 10+ $15.00 – $28.00
- Visit our Groups Sales page for details
We will read one or two of the following books as a book club style group(s) beginning next week. Please read the synopsis of each book and be prepared to vote on Tuesday. Each person will get a 1st and 2nd book choice.
Doll Bones https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doll_Bones
The Crossover https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossover
Shadow and Bone
For Monday the 17th read from part 6 to part 8 (page 373).
Next Reading for Tuesday the 11th. Read from part Four (200) to part Six (303)
Please add any agenda items for Communitas 5 in the comments to this post.
- We will go over the external anatomy of insects as we take a close-up look at our Lubber grasshoppers.
- Review the internal anatomy of insects with this tutorial. Answer the following questions as you look at insect internal anatomy. Be prepared to discuss.
- How are molting and metamorphosis controlled?
- What are some similarities/differences between human and insect circulatory systems?
- What does the insect circulatory system transport?
- Describe the role of spiracles in delivering oxygen to the insect’s body.
- List the three sections of the insect digestive system and tell their main functions.
- What are insects’ major excretory organs instead of kidneys? How do they work?
- What is one major difference between insect and human reproductive systems?
NaHCO3 + H+ → Na+ + H2O + CO2