Now that we have the robots, here is your first challenge.
#1 I am going to setup a 2ft x 4ft course on a piece of butcher paper. In the four corners of the course there will be a large X. You need to program your robot to drive over each of the large X marks. You are welcome to use the black line sensor or the light sensors to accomplish this feat.
You are welcome to figure this challenge out in anyway you can but there are videos on Youtube, tutorials on the web, tutorials on the Gigglebot website
- Tonight is FFAW from 6:30-8:00
- 9-10 Get to know essential oils with Amanda Givens
- Chemistry cooking has been postponed due to so many students being out today
- Read “Gone Girl” pp. 1-30
- Writing assignment due today
- See other assignments on the blog page before this one
- Don’t forget to sign up to bring a snack on 12/18 (on Google docs)
- Don’t forget to donate to our pet supplies drive (list sent via e-mail)
- Fury and Fury assignment e-mailed to class members on Wednesday – due 12/12
We are going to postpone our bread making lab today because we have quite a few students out sick. We will try and make it up next week.
Please watch Lecture 3 from Paul Bloom and read this week’s readings. We will discuss this on Tuesday, December 11th.
Readings for lecture 3
Gray, Peter. Psychology (5th edition), pp. 558-563, 632-637
Freud, Sigmund. “The Unconscious.” In The Norton Psychology Reader. Edited by Gary Marcus. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2006. pp. 12-17
- Math and quiet hour 10-11
- Psychology: Lecture 3 11:00-12
- Don’t forget to keep blogging
- Reading assignment “Gone Girl” pp. 1-30
- Writing assignment from handout due on Friday
- Boxing 1:45-2:45
- Assignment in Fury and Furry
- Prep for u.talk on Dec. 13
- Tomorrow FFAW 6:30 to 8:00
- Independent projects ongoing
Reading for the first book club: Thursday the 13th Page 1 – 30
9-10 Prep for classes
10-10:30 Writing Class
11:00 – 12:00 Psychology Class
All Day: Robotics for people who aren’t in classes
1:00-2:00 Media with Ross
Things to prepare for:
Chemistry tomorrow (see blog for assignment)
Fury and Furry group will go to WOW at 9:45 tomorrow
First Friday Art Walk on Friday evening
Please read and be ready to discuss by Tuesday at 11am. If you were gone last Thursday. Please watch lecture 2: This is Your Brain.
Gray, Peter. Psychology (5th edition), pp. 133-167
The Norton Psychology Reader. pp. 58-69 and pp. 70-79