How to Submit a Badge
You will need the following to get started:
- An idea of what type of badge you are seeking
- “Evidence of Learning” – This is the ‘permanent record’ that is left over from your learning, a finished product (such as an essay, video, artwork, etc) or a completed Self-Assessment of Learning.
- Go to badges.u.school and sign-in.
- If you are using a Self-Assess of Learning (SAoL) for your EoL copy the Self-Assessment of Learning template (on left side column of badges.u.school), as a new doc, title it, and write your reflection — you must share the doc with Sandy, Pat and Laura
- Pick the appropriate badge* from the badges.u.school site and submit a link to your EoL in the submission box.
- Once we read your submission, you will receive an email confirmation that you have earned the badge or one asking for more information.
*Note: If you cannot find an applicable badge for your submission, email Pat or Sandy and we will make one.
On Friday students enjoyed a medieval impression of military science by Richard Swinney MD, FAAEM of Bramble’s Schoole of Defence.
The Moxie has offered us a private showing of the documentary “I am Not Your Negro” written by James Baldwin. This documentary has received high praise and we urge you to go.
James Baldwin was an American novelist, essayist, playwright, poet, and social critic. His writings and work are important and moving. At some point in your high school career at u.school we will discuss James Baldwin so this would be a good insight into his life and allow you to think deeper about his work.
The showing is this Wednesday at 1:00. The cost is $8 per person. The documentary is rated PG-13. Please sign up here if you wish to go: Movie sign-up.
Parents are welcome to come as well.
Yep, it’s true! You can do some math for art walk! If you’d like to see some really neat art that can fool the eye, look at works by MC Escher.
Can you create an illusion like this? 🙂
If you are interested in ordering a mantis shrimp logo t-shirt, we will put in a group order the week after spring break. This will enable us to get free shipping. Check out the different style options here.
Since we will be out of school for Spring Break on the official Pi Day, we will be having Friday Pi Day this Friday, 3/10. There will be activities related to the number pi, including a pie eating contest…if you bring pie! 🙂 Bring a pie and dress prepared to get messy!
(Mrs. Frye didn’t want to have a Pi The Teacher day… )
Join me for our first SCIFRI workshop this Friday morning at 10:00am. We will be designing and conducting an experiment using the hissing cockroaches. *No handling of the cockroaches is required. If you want to participate, please sign up on the Hissing Cockroach Experiment doc.