Read to part eight (pg. 373) for Monday’s discussion.
It’s been fun and interesting. We will wrap-up “The Giver” on Monday and watch the movie version on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Key takeaways from the introduction of “Habits of the Creative Mind”
- Responses to “On Confronting the Unknown” essay
- Observing details coffee shop activity and supplemental essay reading “Total Eclipse” by Annie Dillard ( short story to be discussed in a small group on Tuesday).
- Next essay and response from “Habits of the Creative Mind” can be found in a shared Google doc titled “On Encountering Difficulty.” https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S0aoij-6Vg2a_pkKXS4iFwSC-84fL6z28XjHaXXY8sA/edit
BTW, I do realize this is challenging work, but I know you can do it. Practice reading and writing is the key to getting better – even if it is painful and lousy at first.
If you would like to go see Of Mice and Men at SLT as a group on Friday, Nov. 4th, let Mrs. Frye know. We could go to dinner first. I will order a block of tickets if enough people would like to go. Tickets are $17, but could be $15 if we have a group of ten or more.
Of Mice and Men is a moving study of the character of two roving farmhands, George Milton and his friend Lennie Small, gigantic in stature, well-meaning, but with limited mental capacity. They share a dream of settling down on their own ranch, a dream that seems all the more tempting for its impossibility. The well-known drama is a powerful slice of depression life that brings us up close and personal to a patchwork of emotions, hopes and fears that compel Steinbeck’s characters onwards, however doomed their journey.
To purchase tickets, call The Landers Theatre Box Office
at (417) 869-1334 or click here to order online.
DIRECTOR: JAMIE BOWER
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: MARNI ERWIN
|CURLEY’S WIFE||Corrine Gilmore|
|CROOKS||Derrick Devon King|
For the complete cast, please click here.
Of Mice and Men is rated PG13
- Adult $17.00 – $28.00
- Senior (62+)/Student/Military $17.00 – $26.00
- Children (ages 12 and under) $12.00 – $17.00
- Groups 10+ $15.00 – $28.00
- Visit our Groups Sales page for details
We will read one or two of the following books as a book club style group(s) beginning next week. Please read the synopsis of each book and be prepared to vote on Tuesday. Each person will get a 1st and 2nd book choice.
Doll Bones https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doll_Bones
The Crossover https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossover
Shadow and Bone
For Monday the 17th read from part 6 to part 8 (page 373).
Next Reading for Tuesday the 11th. Read from part Four (200) to part Six (303)
For Wednesday, read through chapter 15.
During the second half of tomorrow’s first hour of English we will discuss to part Four, page 200.