Check Discord or Headrush for today’s assignment.
See Headrush or Discord for day one learning.
We are up to chapter 21, so let’s just finish the book. We will discuss it on Discord (voice channel) on Monday, April 6th at 11:00.
Optional: If you would like to earn extra writing credit, I will post a writing assignment in Headrush.
Some overall things to consider: Themes from the book
- Alienation as a form of self-protection
- The painfulness of growing up
- The phoniness of the adult world
Last but not least – What does the title “The Catcher in the Rye” mean?
Optional: For extra writing credit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrNi-EyZn6a-QZbyROHfKZuwMgdmnxVa8j-Mvb4Jmqo/edit?usp=sharing
Read “A Sound of Thunder” by Ray Bradbury http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/fwalter/AST389/ASoundofThunder.pdf and answer these 5 questions in evidence.
Look up and tell me what these are:
–The Butterfly Effect
–Cause and Effect in Literature
How do these to things relate to the short story?
What was your opinion of this story?
We will discuss this story via voice or text on Discord -Friday at 11:00
*This is also posted in Headrush for your evidence and Discord.
Tue: Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Repeat 4 times.
Thur: Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Repeat 4 times.
Sun: Run 5 mins, walk 3 mins. Repeat 3 times.
The class is up and running on Headrush and Discord. It’s a fun one!
The training plan starts today and is posted on Headrush.
Go to Headrush to see the first assignment – a poem named “Alone”.
Chapter 17-20, Week of March 23rd – answer these question in Headrush.
- What crazy idea does Holden propose to Sally?
- How does the botched date with Sally represent Holdens’s entire character and behavior?
- Describe D.B.’s army experience. What does he say about the army?
- How do Holden’s comments about war and the atomic bomb show his immaturity?
- What does Carl Luce think of Holden?
- Who does Holden call from the bar? What does this reveal about him?
First Day: August 22 (Th)
Labor Day: September 2nd (M)
Fall Break: October 11th and 14th (F &M)
Fall Conferences: November 4th (M)
Thanksgiving Break: November 25-29 (M-F)
Christmas Break: December 20th (F no school) – January 5th
MLK Jr Day: January 20 (M)
President’s Day: February 17th (M)
Spring Conferences: March 13th (F)
Spring Break: March 16-20 (M-F)
Teacher Professional Development: April 10th (F)
Graduation: May 13th (W) Tentative
Last Day: May 15th (F)