Skip to content
- We will go over the external anatomy of insects as we take a close-up look at our Lubber grasshoppers.
- Review the internal anatomy of insects with this tutorial. Answer the following questions as you look at insect internal anatomy. Be prepared to discuss.
- How are molting and metamorphosis controlled?
- What are some similarities/differences between human and insect circulatory systems?
- What does the insect circulatory system transport?
- Describe the role of spiracles in delivering oxygen to the insect’s body.
- List the three sections of the insect digestive system and tell their main functions.
- What are insects’ major excretory organs instead of kidneys? How do they work?
- What is one major difference between insect and human reproductive systems?